SUBTITLE: Look into the eyes of the people you love
FORMAT: Paperback Book
SUMMARY: Sophia the Owl is old and wise.
Josh has a hiding place away from the difficult things in life.
Sophia sees how Josh’s hiding place has become a cave that holds him prisoner.
Sophia helps Josh to discover how he can escape his loneliness and his cave: You look into the eyes of the people you love so that they can help you not to be alone.
Sophia and Josh’s story is specially written for children (old and young) to help them remember:
- You were not made to live alone in your cave.
- Look into the eyes of the people you love to escape from the loneliness of your hiding place.
- Ask people to help you with the difficult things in life. This will prevent you from hiding in your cave.
- Look at all the things that you do in your life. Then ask yourself: Do they help me? Or do they make my life unhealthy?
- God has given us each other, so that we can help one another to live together in peace. You can read this truth in the Bible in 1 John 4:12.
Sophia and the cave is also available in Afrikaans and soon available in isiXhosa and Sesotho.
AUTHOR: Siegfried Louw is a minister, musician and play-therapist. He focuses particularly on creativity within children’s ministry. His own two children are his most honest critics.