SUBTITLE: Preaching about HIV & AIDS in Africa today
SUMMARY: ‘Our Church has AIDS – preaching about HIV & AIDS in Africa today’, has to break through the walls of fear, silence and stigmatisation. If we can’t preach about it, openly and fearlessly, we will never be free. We will never be able to give God a chance to let his grace and mercy pour like a stream of living water over our broken and thirsty communities.
1. Introduction: the reality of the pandemic
2. Breaking the silence – The Church’s response to AIDS
3. Stigma – It is not AIDS that is killing us, it is the way we are treated
4. Sexuality – God made sex, not Hollywood
5. Poverty and gender – How does this affect the vulnerable?
6. Lament – Reclaiming the language
7. Orphans – Suffer the children to come unto me
8. HIV positive – Living positively with HIV
9. Liturgy – Text and sermon in the context of the Liturgy