SUBTITLE: For Muslims and people of other religions
SUMMARY: Most people, including Muslims, love to listen to stories. This booklet, therefore, offers a collection of illustrations, parables and stories that have been found useful in Muslim evangelism.
Many of the parables come from the Bible and reveal biblical truths to people in their daily life.
As Jesus used parables to explain spiritual truths, so Christians should apply wisdom and use parables, illustrations and stories at the right time and in the right way to explain their faith to people of other religions.
The stories in this booklet will help people think about God and encourage them to seek the truth about God.
- Illustrations that convey a glimpse of God
- Illustrations that convey an understanding of Jesus Christ
- Illustrations that convey an understanding of the Trinity
- Illustrations and allegories that convey God‘s view of man
- Illustrations and allegories that help our understanding of atonement
- The Bible: word of God, truth
- Salvation, eternal life and the way of escape
- More parables of the Lord Jesus
- Miscellaneous topics
AUTHOR: Andreas Maurer first worked as a mechanical engineer in Switzerland. Thereafter he studied theology at universities in England and South Africa. In 1999 he completed his doctorate at the University of Pretoria (UNISA) on the topic “In Search of a new Life:
Conversion Motives of Christians and Muslims”. From 1984 to 1999 he was engaged in South Africa with SMF (Swiss Missionary Fellowship) in projects concerning training Christians in mission to Muslims. From 2000-2007 he served with AWM (Arab World Ministries) as a trainer in Switzerland and worldwide. As from 2011 he works with AVC (Action on behalf of persecuted Christians and people in need) as Islam Consultant and speaker at home and abroad.
Also available in Afrikaans