SUMMARY: Finding the Power to Live – One Day at a Time draws on the Twelve Step program developed by Alcoholics Anonymous.
It has been written for people who:
- Struggle with worry and anxiety
- Struggle with some form of compulsive and
- Addictive behaviour
- Feel trapped by feelings of guilt and regret and self-condemnation
- Battle with increasing levels of stress and tension
- May worship on a regular basis but somehow
- Feel that their faith has become bogged down in empty ritual
Previously published as One Day at a Time, this is a book of hope – it reminds readers that there are others like them, and that it is possible to experience a new depth and freedom and joy in their daily lives. Each chapter covers one of the Twelve Steps. It clearly shows readers how to apply it to their lives, and invites them to take it further in group sharing through the discussion start¬ers at the end of each chapter.
Trevor Hudson is a minister at the Northfield Methodist Church in Benoni. Trevor presents spiritual retreats around the country and is the author of various books including Questions God Asks Us, Holy Spirit Here and Now and Friendship with God.