SUBTITLE: Sunday school lessons from Ruth, Samuel, David and Elijah from the Old Testament, which point to Christ as Saviour
SUMMARY: To follow God, requires an attitude of servitude. Through the Old Testament, characters like Ruth, Samuel, David and Elijah, we can experience excellent examples of how to answer to a Higher calling by living a self sacrificing life.
The fourth in a series of eight Sunday School leaders’ guide books, with 24 complete Sunday School lessons for children between the ages of 7-12.
The leaders’ guide books complement the Look, Listen & Live Picture books..
1. A family flees from famine
2. Naomi and Ruth return to Israel
3. Ruth in the harvesting fields
4. Ruth and Boaz at the threshing-floor
5. Boaz and the Elders of Bethlehem
6. Mary and the Angel of God
7. Hannah prays to God
8. The child Samuel in the House of God
9. Samuel prays for Israel
10. Samuel anoints Saul with oil
11. Saul tears Samuel’s robe
12. Jesus in the House of God
13. David the shepherd boy
14. David and the giant Goliath
15. Saul tries to kill David
16. David spares Saul’s life
17. David is made king
18. David and Bathsheba
19. A House for God
20. Jesus enters Jerusalem
21. The birds feed Elijah
22. Elijah and the fire from Heaven
23. Elijah goes to life with God forever
24. Moses and Elijah appear with Jesus
The Books were conceived and written by Sunday School teachers from Sudan for Global Recording Network. Good News Media adapted the books for local use. The books can be used on their own, or in conjunction with Look, Listen & Live colour picture books.